• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Graham's willy

Laura 1899

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello

A few weeks ago Graham had a very unusual problem that nobody seemed to be able to help, it was ulcers all over his willy which I wrote about on here. Anyway thankfully the vet on his 2nd appointment pulled out something that looked like a sperm rod but it was quite big. He seems much better and isn't on antibiotics nor Metacam anymore. He is not squealing in pain anymore when he wees thank God but when I looked today his willy (the outside part )is still quite lumpy & bumpy and he always seems to have stringy hair sticking out of his bum. I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything to clean him better there (I am using salt water and before it was Hibiscrub) or any cream to make him feel nicer down there as its a bit stinky too! Whereas Roger his brother is all neat & tidy there and does not smell.

Thank you so much!

Well I am so glad your littlr Graham is on the mend x Sorry I can’t recommend anything myself but I’m sure one of the experts will be along to help x

Hello

A few weeks ago Graham had a very unusual problem that nobody seemed to be able to help, it was ulcers all over his willy which I wrote about on here. Anyway thankfully the vet on his 2nd appointment pulled out something that looked like a sperm rod but it was quite big. He seems much better and isn't on antibiotics nor Metacam anymore. He is not squealing in pain anymore when he wees thank God but when I looked today his willy (the outside part )is still quite lumpy & bumpy and he always seems to have stringy hair sticking out of his bum. I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything to clean him better there (I am using salt water and before it was Hibiscrub) or any cream to make him feel nicer down there as its a bit stinky too! Whereas Roger his brother is all neat & tidy there and does not smell.

Thank you so much!

Hi

Glad that you could get to the bottom of the problem!

Please express the penis fully and check for any more sperm fluid or a build up of smegma. Be aware that too frequent cleaning can actually stimulate the overproduction of oils and gunk; that is why using too much creams and products can become counterproductive.

Some boars are messier than others (age also plays a role, especially with the production of semen fluid) so you will have to work out the best balance for your boys. In many cases, a simple bum bath with plain elbow test warm water is best as it doesn't upset the microbiome as much.

Have a look at our boar care guide: Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths

Back