Granville - 23/9/20

worried val of york

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It is with great sadness to write this but Granville died in my arms yesterday morning. I found him collapsed on the floor of his indoor run gasping for air.
He had only just celebrated his fourth adoption day on 13.9.20. But he has been seeing the vet for various issues since November 2019.
He will be sorely missed as I gave him as much attention as I could since his cage mate Streaky who came from Birmingham had to be put to sleep last January due to arthritis.
I will never forget any of the guinea pigs I have enjoyed and cared for over the years. But my Granville is the last guinea pig I will care for as I feel age is creeping up on me and I cannot guarantee to be able to provide the care required in the future.
In his and all my other guinea pigs memories I will be donating to Tees Valley Guinea Pig rescue from where he and his bonded friend Marlow came from.
I will also donate to Tine at the German guinea pig rescue as she has gone through so much recently and the problems she has coped with still have not ended.
Good bye and thanks for all the advice. Val xCAM00384.jpg

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m so sorry for your loss. He passed away in your arms and that’s the best comfort you could give him. I’m sorry to see you go but I understand. Take good care of yourself and keep those memories going. 💞

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Val I am so sorry to read you have lost Granville, sending you big hugs, it’s the end of an era of piggies for you x You will be missed on the forum but it’s understandable you need to move on, take care

Sleep tight Granville🌈

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sleep well handsome boy. 💕🌈🐾

Big hugs to you and I hope you will stay around to support us all here on the forum. You can still share our piggies even if you feel you can't have any more of your own.xx

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m so sorry to read this post but Granville was a very lucky piggy to spend his days with you and to pass in your arms. I can only imagine how you will feel his loss as it is the end of an era for you. Please don’t be a stranger - we will still be here to support you x

worried val of york

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments I do appreciate them all.
I have found the members and Mods to be lovely. Apart from the odd troll that creeps out of the darkness trying to cause havoc.
I am feeling a bit better today and have accepted what has happened even though it was so upsetting. He had only seen the vet on 7 Sept and was booked in for a tooth trim with vet for 5/10 when vet was back from his holidays.
I will lurk round the forum as I know it provides brilliant help and support and I would like to keep some involvement wherever possible.
Many thanks again Val x

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thank you all for your comments I do appreciate them all.
I have found the members and Mods to be lovely. Apart from the odd troll that creeps out of the darkness trying to cause havoc.
I am feeling a bit better today and have accepted what has happened even though it was so upsetting. He had only seen the vet on 7 Sept and was booked in for a tooth trim with vet for 5/10 when vet was back from his holidays.
I will lurk round the forum as I know it provides brilliant help and support and I would like to keep some involvement wherever possible.
Many thanks again Val x
I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better and are going to stay with us x

rhymer

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of little Granville.
So lovely of you to think of helping the rescues.
It would also be nice to see you in the forum as I'm sure people would agree and to have your help and advice.
Take care
Sleep tight Granville.xx

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Val I am so deeply sorry to read this. Massive hugs to you I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy, please remember what an amazing life they had with you and how much love you shared together, I hope that brings you some comfort in these sad times.

Sleep well beautiful one

RIP Granville
x x