greasy boar bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig David

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello people

craig always has really greasy hair near his bottom and its all matted.

i got him out before and rubbed loads of fairy liquid on it. will this be his grease gland?

it did loosen it up a little bit but his bum still looks greasy. should i go again tomorrow?

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sounds like his grease gland. Swarfega works well but you might have to leave it on for 5-10 minutes to let it do its work. Make sure you rinse it off well. If the hair is very matted it's easier to cut it out then de-grease regularly so it doesn't build up again.
Boys!

Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Two of my four boars have to have their...ahem, nether regions groomed and trimmed regularly to prevent the grease build up as they are long haired. I bought a large tub of Swarfega as well but trimming the long hair has helped drastically.

Craig David

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
thanks katie were do i get swarfega from. he doesnt like me mauling is i think it might be a bit uncomfortable for him poor lad xx

i always thought his bum looked really greasy haha xx

Cat&ThePiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You'll be able to get it in most supermarkets if they have a motoring section, also Halfords will have it.

katiepops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yep supermarkets or places like Wilkinsons. Mechanics use it to get oil off their hands. Just massage it in rather than trying to de knot the hair the Swarfega should break it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.