• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Great website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillybean

Have just found this forum and have learnt loads already! Been taking in unwanted female guineas for about 15 years, on a very small scale, only have 7 max at a time and don't re-home or breed. It's great to read about people who genuinely care for their animals on a long term basis - I only seem to hear about those which aren't wanted anymore. I've never experienced guinea babies and so have been approaching some rescue places to see if they'd let me have one. Will obviously have to be careful about it travelling etc (I've guaranteed to keep all the babies). Have got my fingers crossed. No doubt I'll be asking for advice on pregnancies & babies soon!

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)

I have loads of admiration for people who have rescued for years!

Lovely to have you here!

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your piggies!

[size=12pt]Thank you for welcomes! At the moment I have just 4 guineas - Louisa, Saffy, Toffee and Bella. Bella only joined us within the last couple of weeks. A friend's hairdresser said she had one guinea left after its 2 mates had died and it was lonely. She wasn't 100% sure it was a girl & I'm only used to having girls so went to have a look armed with guinea books with illustrations! Thankfully it was a she! (I hope!) She's only about a year old. It's odd that the others died at so young an age but the vet had given her the OK. She was covered in crawly things but that's been fixed with a bath which she hated. Have now got her in with my other 3, they weren't too keen to start with (apart from one who's old and blind and doesn't care!). It's great to see her running round as if she's been there ages. I need to review their housing, bit concerned about the severe changes in weather we have, so will be looking at all the housing posts soon.[/size]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back