• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Grooming a Teddy

Freckles13

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a teddy albino guinea pig and was wondering if anyone has any grooming tips.

My other 2 are an abyssinian and a himalayan and they are really easy to groom.

All my pigs gets groomed daily not just because it keeps there coats but they all love getting brushed.

But Sven, our Teddy, is out youngest and his coat is not something we are use to also I am pretty sure he does not self grooming he's very lazy and just waits for me to do it for him. Also because he is albino all flakes of dirt show really obviously on him. His testicals are the worst area the hair around them tangles and stains very easily. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for types of brushes or bathing?

@Freckles13 Albino isn't a guinea pig breed. He'll be a pink eyed white or red eyed white.

If he has longer hair you can keep it trimmed. Otherwise you'll either have to wash him to keep him clean or put up with an off-white piggy. One of my boys is a PEW and he always has some sort of stain on him. Quite often it's an orange stripe along his side where he has eaten some carrot and then itched himself.

Back