• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

grooming

wheresmymocha

New Born Pup
Reaction score
what is the best shampoo i can use on my guinea pig? they don’t sell guinea pig shampoo in stores and i can’t order anything online😕

Piggies normally groom themselves, you don’t need to bath your guinea pig unless a vet has told you to.

I very very rarely bathe my piggies. Is there a reason you think they need a bath?

oh i usually give her a bath twice a year but her white fur is stained with pee😐

oh i usually give her a bath twice a year but her white fur is stained with pee😐
What bedding do you use? That might be the cause, maybe the bedding isn’t absorbent enough and she sits in her wee? I’m not sure. My piggy never really is stained after peeing.

What bedding do you use? That might be the cause, maybe the bedding isn’t absorbent enough and she sits in her wee? I’m not sure. My piggy never really is stained after peeing.
i use fleece and i clean it every week, idk why she’s stained tbh. her cage and bedding is always clean

i have the same problem with the pee stained fur. the strange thing is that its on their back so I have no idea what to do with it.

I very rarely bathe my piggies and they’re long haired (When I have it’s just been a bum bath!) but for when I do on the odd occasion I use the gorgeous guineas shampoo - you can order it online! :nod:

Back