• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Growing indoor grass

rp1993

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
So I have seen a few YouTube videos of people growing indoor grass, has anyone done this and can recommend a kit to start trying? (UK based please!)

The piggies have tried grass on their recent travels and really enjoyed it so I’d love to be able to give them some fresh grass!

I just put some compost in a glass tub and sprinkled seeds in then covered with more compost. It did pretty well but I’ve neglected it and it’s all gone dry. I’d say plant several lots so it’s worth it.

If you're feeling adventurous, you "Guinea dad" on youtube did a hydroponic grass setup for his little ones. So it automatically watered itself too...

That’s what inspired me! I think his a bit a bit to far for my skills but I would like to try a scaled down version!

Could you get a larger 'potting' tray and buy a single roll of turf (like laid for new lawns)? Then cut to size into the potting tray?

I managed to grow some... it turned out pretty well to say I have no skills gardening wise... I did take some advice and add some guinea pig poo into the compost 🤣🤣 it grew so well and the pigs loved it..20200613_181454.jpg

Back