• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

GRR i want to rehome a piggy!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilgalnatalie

[colorr][fontArial Black]ok vry1 I'm narly in tars :'( :'(i lookin 4 piggis (which ar no whr nar my ara! >:() an I'm lik how coul som abanonn thr guina pigs? :-[it maks m so sa wn i s thm an i wish i coul aopt vryon i s. I s som that ar 3 yars ol an i wish i coul aopt thm. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(grrr i want to rhom thm but i got 4 alray...ma a wont lt m.[/font]

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to make sure you are doing the best for the ones you have, I must admit there are days when I wish I was back to just having my 4 girls (that'll be a bad rescue day :) You can be bathing one a wheek tomake sure they all get their monthly bath, keep a record of weights, create some kind of online/personal record on the computer- maybe make a site for them and link to rescues you'd like to help. Do you have Microsoft Office? There's so much scope for doing stuff in there. The Publisher sites are quite easy or you could get yourself a free one?

Do you have a camera? If not christmas is coming LOL! Ask for one! Get pics of your Guins to put on your site and in your records.

Spend time watching the Guins you have now and really get to know their personalities. It is so easy to say, well if a pig doesn't come for food it is ill, not true! I have several piggies that 'hang back' and wait for the others to get the food and drag it back to the house then they take it and piggy has to go out again and get more- like it is beneath them to forage for food :)

I don't mean to be harsh but there is much you can do, don't waste that time by wishing for things you can't have, you'll get them later ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

There is a lot of wisdom in what Karen has said :)

It's easy to think "just one more" and that applies to most of us ::) But I've seen things quickly get out of hand and it's all too easy to take on more than we should or can cope with, even with the best of intention.
Some rescues run an adoption scheme where for a modest fee you can "adopt" a long term resident and receive regular updates.
That might be something else to consider for Christmas :)

Barbara

They're good ideas Karen, thanks! I've got my two girls and Fudge, and two rescues and like everyone I guess I dream of my next one. However, for now I know I'm up to my limit. I hadn't thought about charting their progress and making a website about them, I might have a go.

I've just sponsored a bunny from Bunnyhops (I adopted MJ my rabbit from Kay who runs it) for my son for Christmas, she's a bun we picked up and delivered on a bunny run to Kays and I'm so pleased we can help her in this way. www.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ecclesman/ I would love more rabbits, but can only just about cope cleaning out the two I have so this is a way to have more without the hassle!

So rather than 'collecting' guinea pigs I would echo what's been said about sponsoring one or more and enjoying the existing ones, that's what I'm going to do anyhow!

can u foster piggies? u no til they get a new home. i'd love to do that. my dad cant moan about havin 2 many lol

:) You can, but I've got two boys here that have been here for 18 months now, and they are like my own, still up for adoption but they are treated like my own. To think any less of them is, in my opinion, wrong, and they could be with you for a long time just like 'real' pigs. The worst thing for me is when my own are ill and I wonder if I should have less rescues so I have more time to spend with my own. Its like constant juggling then.

I have an adoption scheme that is £2.50 per month the money is automatically taken from your account for a year or till you cancel. This provides Oxbow hay for one pig for a month. You have your name and a message on my site. There are other options too. Soon my Christmas dedications page will go up, a one off donation of £2.50 to buy Xmas dinner for all the rescues here. I'll let you all know when it goes up :) Again, you get a mention on my page.

I really don't want to sound negative but there is so much else you can do :)

Why not make a network of sites with the members on here?

For hands on work why not help at a local rescue? No responsibility falls on you or your Dad then (except he'll have top get you there but thats what they're for right?!) ;D

Natalie because i'm ill i could not give my piggies what they should have & as a result have had to re-home the majority of them.
This was & is a heartbreaking decision but the right decision for THEM.

I agree with Karen's & Barbara's comments, there are so so many ways in which you can help a piggy without actually physically having another one yourself & a whole lot of happiness for yourself knowing you're helping a piggie in rescue  :)

Niki x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back