• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinae pig cage

Maggie03

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We built a guinae pig cage.the outside is select pine and the lid is made of the select pine also. Says new zealand select oine on tags .With durable pet screen Bought at lowes. I have a c&c liner(I have a whole 30 by 90 c&c cage but what a waste of money. Kept fall apart. So we built this sturdy cage.my guinea cant get to the pine to chew but I'm worried about the odor I'm smelling tonight, the wood is not stained. Will this harm them.will the smell go away?
In use fleece. I don't use wood shavings at all. I'm just concern about odor from wood. I jave allergies so it's bothering me tonite. I'm wonder about my 2 piggies,
Thankyou

Welcome ot the Forum.
You new cage sounds great - it would be lovely to see a picture.

All I can suggest would be to leave it somewhere in the fresh air to air out for a few days and see what happens.
I am sure the wood smell will go away in time, but if the smell is bothering you I definitely wouldn't put your piggies in it for now.

Back