• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm considering buying a bed like I have seen many forumers have for when my two guineas are running around indoors. Would anybody recommend I buy one? and if so could I generally buy any type of bed? for example a cat bed.
I was also wondering about when they do their business?
It will be a safe and secure environment for them as I will put up a fence around them.
Thanks alot.

Assume they'll wee in it so it'll need to be washable. The poo is less of a problem as it's usually dry enough to not make much of a mess. They'll wee on the floor too so you could use a waterproof layer covered in a fleece: Tesco are selling children's fleece blanket things the size of a single bed for £4 now; wash them and hang them overnight in the bathroom and they're dry in the morning (don't tumble-dry). Wine boxes (the type that hold 6 bottles) have perforated knock-out sections and make instant hideys for piggies (free from most supermarkets).

I'm planning on some help from mother in making a cozy (she's worked in the hoisery trade for god knows how many years so is a dab hand with a sewing machine) from what I can see from the patterns I found they seem fairly easy and cheap to make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back