• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig animal-assisted therapy and management questionnaire

MCarly8

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a 3rd year student of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Milan in Italy. I'm currently completing my thesis work in Behavioural Medicine and this questionnaire is an essential part of it. It aims to collect data about guinea pig ownership and the possibility of the guinea pig being used as an assisted therapy animal with benefits for both humans and animals.

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me by completing this questionnaire. It takes only between 4 - 6 minutes of your time but offers a fundamental input for science. The questionnaire is entirely based on published scientific articles. Would you like to help me?

Link for the questionnaire: Microsoft Forms

Welcome to the forum :)
I think it might be worth having a read of this thread: Guinea Pigs for Animal Assisted Therapy
I personally think that for most guinea pigs, the risks of Animal Assisted Therapy will outweigh any potential benefits sadly.
Thank you for the response! This is exactly one of the aims of the study. I wanted to find out the general opinion of guinea pig owners about AAT not only in the 'normal version' as we see with dogs or cats (possibly not ideal because of the guinea pig being a stress-prone prey species) but AAT as the sole ownership and care for the guinea pig. Owning and caring appropriately for a guinea pig as a sort of therapy for humans (already researched in some studies) in connection with the benefits for the animal (Does human interaction offer any benefit for the animal?) if cared for correctly.

Back