• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Biteing?

Caris'sPiggys23

New Born Pup
Reaction score
One time i remeber spot cleaning my guinea pigs cage when all usuddent i got bit can i please have tips on how to not git bit while spot cleaning i usally tap her on her nose and i think why she most likely dose it because she wants a veggie she gets feed veggies quite often the veggis she eats mostly are bell peppers,cucumber,romain lettuce,and carrots so maybe some ideas should i split her into another area somewhere she usauly loves to sit in my window seal dont worry i have the window seal to where she cant fall out the whole window is mesh but i just want to teach her hey its me trying to clean your cage instead of her thinking ima eat her but thank you if you give some tips.

Please don’t tap her on the nose. She isn’t doing anything wrong.

This guide gives details on why they do it
" Biting" And What You Can Do (Biting, Tweaking, Nibbling and Nipping)

Do look to get her a friend though as it may help her feel more comfortable. Human contact does not make up the companionship of another piggy
I'm already getting her a piggy friend and also i tap her on the nose in a play ful way and say no I'm sorry if that offended you I'm just trying to let her know that its not okay to bite

I'm already getting her a piggy friend and also i tap her on the nose in a play ful way and say no I'm sorry if that offended you I'm just trying to let her know that its not okay to bite

Tapping her on the nose will not teach her that at all. The guide I attached in has a link to the piggy whispering tips.

It’s good you are getting her a friend. It’s important to go about it the right way to ensure character compatibility and a good bond

Back