• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig cage room complete!

frodoandsam

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A few months ago I posted asking about making a small portion of my room that goes out from the rest of it into a guinea pig cage,
and I did it! It's been a few weeks now and they love it and it's super easy to clean!

First we put down thick plastic bags cut to fit the area, then two plastic boards which covered most of the floor in the area,
a little less so you can still walk into the room, then taped them together and put wood boards around the end so they can't
get to the baseboards and put down a fleece blanket. We put their old cage in the corner with aspen and hay. And to block
off the area we put a baby gate against my dresser, which works really well cause the baby gate can hold the water bottle
and hay rack!

There was a little mess of veggies when I took the photos, so don't mind that!

Attachments

• IMG_5489.JPG
    IMG_5489.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5490.JPG
    IMG_5490.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5491.JPG
    IMG_5491.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5492.JPG
    IMG_5492.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 21
If you have a closet or space like this I highly recommend making this cage! Any more questions feel free to ask!

Wow that looks great. You haven't mentioned an absorbent layer under the fleece so I don't know if you have done it but I would recommend towels or puppy pads under the fleece to absorb their urine as it should just wick through the fleece

Wow that looks great. You haven't mentioned an absorbent layer under the fleece so I don't know if you have done it but I would recommend towels or puppy pads under the fleece to absorb their urine as it should just wick through the fleece
It goes through the fleece but a baby wipe easily cleans it up.

How do you clean all this? It looks quite difficult, no?
We clean the older small cage as normal, and then shake the fleece, wash it in the washing machine, vacuum the extra bedding/poo in the bottom and then wipe the pee spots on the plastic boards once a week. It's super easy!

Back