• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig carriers - looking for recommendations

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I am looking for a good plastic carrier as the old one I was given for my piggies has a really dodgy lock so I want to get a new one..

They won't be doing much travelling - only really for vet trips

Top loader is ideal - what does everyone use?

We have the AmazonBasics 19 inch 2 door top load pet carrier, actually we have 3 of them lol- under £20, fits 2 piggies, very sturdy and fits nicely on the back seat of the car with a seatbelt over it!
View attachment 129693

PigglePuggle has a good looking carrier. We have top loading carriers at home for our Piggies too. The top loading option is so much better for handling Piggies. There is less chance of them escaping when you open the top door.

I also like that you can open the top door to this on either side or remove it completely on the vet table, both sides have spring loaded metal bolts that you just squeeze to open then they slide back into place afterwards so you can't forget to lock the lid!

I also like that you can open the top door to this on either side or remove it completely on the vet table, both sides have spring loaded metal bolts that you just squeeze to open then they slide back into place afterwards so you can't forget to lock the lid!
Have you had any trouble with the top ever coming undone? On the reviews it does mention some people are not happy with the top design - and the main fear using my other one is when i use the carry handle that it will come undone :yikes:
Obviously i take online reviews with a pinch of salt - i prefer to ask people who use them for Guinea pigs and not cats lol!

Have you had any trouble with the top ever coming undone? On the reviews it does mention some people are not happy with the top design - and the main fear using my other one is when i use the carry handle that it will come undone :yikes:
Obviously i take online reviews with a pinch of salt - i prefer to ask people who use them for Guinea pigs and not cats lol!
Well if they are using it for cats the cat is probably pushing it open, a guinea ooh is too small to do that anyway so that shouldn’t be an issue 😂

I've not had a problem but I usually prefer to carry it any outside distance by supporting underneath anyway rather than by the handle, I can't see how the top could come undone if both metal bolts are in place, but for crossing the carpark to the vets I usually hold it against my chest like I would anything full of precious piggies! We've carried it up and down stairs for bathtime and lifted it out of the car by the handle no problem :)

I love the wilko ones, I get the big one to give the pigs more room but they do do a smaller one, top loads or side loads it's great, one of the cheapest but by far the best we've had! 😁

I've not had a problem but I usually prefer to carry it any outside distance by supporting underneath anyway rather than by the handle, I can't see how the top could come undone if both metal bolts are in place, but for crossing the carpark to the vets I usually hold it against my chest like I would anything full of precious piggies! We've carried it up and down stairs for bathtime and lifted it out of the car by the handle no problem :)
Thanks and yes I carry it the same way - precious cargo! just wanted some further reassurance ! x

Well if they are using it for cats the cat is probably pushing it open, a guinea ooh is too small to do that anyway so that shouldn’t be an issue 😂
this is true - a lot say the cat has pushed it open! x

Back