• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

cufflinks

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,
Bought two nine month pigs from the rspca about 2 months ago. Both males unneutered but not brothers, however today one died of a chest infection and now we are left with one piggies. What should we do now, as we don't really want bob to live his life on his own, he is about 12 months old. Thanks for any help.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your boars sudden death. I would contact any local rescues near you and do some boarmdating and see if you can find a piggy that gets on well with your boar. I would also contact the RSPCA you got them from as they may have good advice and boar dating.
Another option is to neuter your boar if he dosen't find a boar friend and pair him with a lady pig.
Good luck and I hope this is useful. When you are ready please feel free to post a tribute to your lost piggy in the rainbow bridge section. Hugs! x

The Furry Godmother

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Did you seek medical treatment for your boar? I would also advise monitoring your other piggy in the event he develops a URI himself as they pass quite readily. Symptoms include sneezing, crusty eyes, coughs, crackly breathing noise. If these symptoms start to develop then seek immediate veterinary advice.

As for what to do, find a rescue close to you and look into boar dating or neutering. But you will need to give it two weeks due to him possibly developing the same illness.

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Did you seek medical treatment for your boar? I would also advise monitoring your other piggy in the event he develops a URI himself as they pass quite readily. Symptoms include sneezing, crusty eyes, coughs, crackly breathing noise. If these symptoms start to develop then seek immediate veterinary advice.

As for what to do, find a rescue close to you and look into boar dating or neutering. But you will need to give it two weeks due to him possibly developing the same illness.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I would also wait 2 weeks to make sure that your other piggy does not develop URI and then boar date him at a rescue.
Oh I forgot all the technical stuff :oops:!:)

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. I agree with advice above to wait at least 2 weeks, and maybe get him checked over by a vet now and at the end of those 2 weeks before taking him dating at a rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.