• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig eating vet bedding

Iggle piggles

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

One of the guinea pigs is eating the top of the vet bedding 🤦 can it do them any harm?

Thanks
Kim

Mine used to nibble the top of it a little, and they still attempt to nibble the fleece occasionally, but they soon get fed up of it when they realise it isn’t food!

How old is he/she?

My previous piggy never tried to eat the vetbed, but he was over one year old when I started using it.

When I tried using vetbed with the two young sow I got in December, one of them tried eating it. I put the vetbed under a fleece blanket for now, and I'm hoping that as they grow older, they'll lose the habit of trying to eat absolutely everything they see and I'll be able to use vetbed again (I'm not a big fan of fleece, tbh). :roll:

Hi,

One of the guinea pigs is eating the top of the vet bedding 🤦 can it do them any harm?

Thanks
Kim
Hi. Sorry to jump in on the thread.
I've just ordered green back vetfleece bedding. Do i need to wash this before use.
Thankyou :roll: x

Hi, sorry all for the delay in replying.

They're 17 weeks ❤️ they seem to have eased off a bit now, still have a nibble when I'm too slow sorting their hay out 😂

Yes definitely wash the vet bedding, we washed as advised from here twice on 60° and it works great now. I do a full change twice a week and poo check twice a day, seems to work well for us x

Back