• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig fighting help!

avalynn07

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I have 2 female guinea pigs Eve and Penelope I had them for a year and now they are fighting really bad, Penelope is very dominance but Eve is so sweet and does not care, at first I was like ok they do they sometimes but it’s been going on for weeks. when Penelope goes by Eve she starts teeth chattering they can’t even be by each other, then I looked at Eve and she has a bunch of little wounds with some blood on them and a week ago she couldn’t even walk on one of her foot and if I touch her by her back and her butt she will start screaming. I try to separate them, gave them a bath together then I tried to separate them myself when they were gonna fight but nothing is working every time I put Penelope with Eve she has hair balls in her mouth I love my girls and I would hate to have to separate them for good can someone please help me!
info- Penelope has always been sassy since the begging, she is older and much bigger then Eve.
Eve- does not stick up for herself and lets Penelope hurt her.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m afraid if they are tearing fur from each other, fighting and not able to be together then they are not compatible and you must separate them permanently. Bathing them is not recommended, it isn’t going to make them like each other.
Ensure they live in a cage measuring at least 120x60cm each and that the cages are side by side so they can still interact through the bars

If this is a sudden change in behaviour, please do also get them checked out by a vet

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if blood is being drawn they are really unlikely to go back together. They would be better off apart, perhaps with contact through the bars, before Eve gets really hurt.