• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Guinea Pig Friendly Caravans

Gem789

Forum Donator 2017/18
Does anyone know of any caravans that I would be able to take my 2 boars with me too? I'm looking at the Devon area and have enquired to one site asking about a specific dog friendly caravan but it's £35 for each dog you bring so I wonder whether I'd have to pay £35 for each pig which seems a bit steep.Thats even if they accept guinea pigs.

karonus

Adult Guinea Pig
First off look for pet friendly caravans. Then contact them and enquire as the cost of having 2 guinea pigs with you. We once contacted travel lodge and they were only wanting a nominal fee.

Gem789

Forum Donator 2017/18
First off look for pet friendly caravans. Then contact them and enquire as the cost of having 2 guinea pigs with you. We once contacted travel lodge and they were only wanting a nominal fee.
That's two caravan owners I've contacted now and they've said no.The 2nd one said because of the residual smell that they couldn't accept them but if I would keep them outside in their cage that would be fine.Yeah I'll just let them freeze to death or let foxes or seagulls get them.Its ridiculous, in my opinion dogs smell more than guinea pigs.I'm starting to feel disheartened now.I doubt I'll find anyone who will accept them.

karonus

Adult Guinea Pig
That's two caravan owners I've contacted now and they've said no.The 2nd one said because of the residual smell that they couldn't accept them but if I would keep them outside in their cage that would be fine.Yeah I'll just let them freeze to death or let foxes or seagulls get them.Its ridiculous, in my opinion dogs smell more than guinea pigs.I'm starting to feel disheartened now.I doubt I'll find anyone who will accept them.
Have you considered a touring caravan. I could recommend a lot of sites as we have been taking 4 pigs with us touring now for 8 years.

Toni

Junior Guinea Pig
Hi I
Does anyone know of any caravans that I would be able to take my 2 boars with me too? I'm looking at the Devon area and have enquired to one site asking about a specific dog friendly caravan but it's £35 for each dog you bring so I wonder whether I'd have to pay £35 for each pig which seems a bit steep.Thats even if they accept guinea pigs.
I took my piggies to Yarmouth last year I found a pet friendly holiday park they charged me 20 pound for the week for six piggies just ring a few sites we going back to site next month and going for two weeks this time and they only charged me 25 for the six so happy days