• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

guinea pig gender help

Status
Not open for further replies.
They definitely have a little button at the bottom

They sure do. My Maddie's bits were questionable as an adult but she was def a sow.

I am positive these babies are little girls, however, i will say i'm not an expert :))

ok not wanting to sound daft but surely the VET should know enough to be able to sex a guinea pig? surely i am not the only one to find this very odd

i thought girls but not sure....

My vet mis-sexed Jensen as did I and because I've pulled him up on it he said he had a new policy about not giving an opinion on gender until they were 6 weeks...he's probably just annoyed I pulled him up....

My vet mis-sexed Jensen as did I and because I've pulled him up on it he said he had a new policy about not giving an opinion on gender until they were 6 weeks...he's probably just annoyed I pulled him up....

I think you're right there Kira :)

Have you got pics of Jensen when he was small to compare to these 2?

they look just like Velvet and Onyx's little girls 'bits' :red

can you push down lightly on the top of the Y and see if anything 'pops' out?

Last edited:
ooooh that is a good idea! I have a thread on here with Jensens bits...*hunts for it*

Edit: http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37830 found it! and they are TOTALLY different!

thank you so much for the idea Niki!
xxxxxx

On that pic you can def tell Jensen is a boy. How old is he on that pic & how old are the babies? Similar ages? I only ask as don't want there to be an error :)

On that pic you can def tell Jensen is a boy. How old is he on that pic & how old are the babies? Similar ages? I only ask as don't want there to be an error :)

he was....7 weeks in that picture
ooh so quite a bit older as these two are only three weeks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back