• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Has Cut Inside Ear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minhoandnewt

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello!
I have two 12 week old boars that live together.
They seem to get alone well, but I've recently noticed that the smaller of my two pigs has a cut on the inside of his ear.
There's some dried blood, which I cleaned off, and the cut feels hard-ish, which is weird.
I was wondering if maybe it was my other boar who did this, or maybe it's something else?
I've never seen them fighting before so it's a little worrying.
Thanks!

It is more likely to be from him scratching himself I would think. Does he scratch a lot? Is it possible to post a photo?

It is more likely that he has cut himself with a sharp toenail than an accident for not getting out of the way quick enough.

If a piggy is shaking his head or scratching regularly, please have him checked by a vet re. ear mites or ear infection.
We have got a piggy savvy vet locaotr on the top bar for our UK members. With members from all over the world, we find it very helpful if you could please add your country, state or (for the UK) your county/city to your details, so we can always take your location, climate, brands and general access to vet care in your country into account before giving you tailored advice. You can do so by clicking on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back