Guinea Pig in need

BethanH

New Born Pup
Reaction score
August 7 my one of my guinea pigs passed away and now I am left with one. They were both females. I have looked around in various of rescue centers as well as pet stores and they only seem to have males.

Does anybody know where I could look at where I can find female guinea pigs. Or if they need to rehome a guinea pig.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’m sorry for your loss.

Is she currently ok by herself? If so, you do have some time to find a suitable companion for her.
If you can’t find a sow and a rescue centre has a neutered boar, is that an option for you? A rescue centre can help you find a character compatible companion for her even if it requires a little wait for a sow to become available, or she may find herself a husboar!

If you get a new piggy on spec from any other source, then you would have to have a plan in place in case they weren’t compatible and have to live separately.

Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig
Rescue Locator
Single Guinea Pigs - Challenges and Responsibilities

Scooter Pie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss! This happened to me in April. Our local rescue recommended putting a guinea pig sized stuffed animal in with her and it seemed to help. We kept her routine as similar to normal as possible and it took about 6 weeks for us to find a foster who ended up working.

Actually, our new pig was given up because she was NOT ok alone and I guess the person didnt want to try for a new pig. She stopped eating and started self-barbering all the fur she could reach. So hopefully if your girl isnt doing any of those things, she'll be ok till you find someone 💕

Good luck and hang in there. It's kind of a funny thing, we know it's not "replacing" your lost pig, and how important friends are. But that didnt stop it from making me miss my lost pig even more when the new girl moved in. Just be aware you might be surprised by these feelings. I know I was.

Qualcast&Flymo

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss!
Have you looked at Glynneath Guinea Pig Rescue? They are a forum recommended rescue, probably the closest to you. If they don't have any suitable females or a neutered male, you could ask to be put on their waiting list if your remaining piggy isn't grieving too much x

Pigoles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
August 7 my one of my guinea pigs passed away and now I am left with one. They were both females. I have looked around in various of rescue centers as well as pet stores and they only seem to have males.

Does anybody know where I could look at where I can find female guinea pigs. Or if they need to rehome a guinea pig.
I am in a similiar situation and wondering what to do about my sweet little "Bella" piggie (who lost her friend Melvin in late July), as sadly I am likely to need a lengthy period of hospital treatment soon. I also live in South Wales. Maybe we could chat?