• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig medical Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayleyandjohn

I have read on here a few times that people have a guinea pig medical box. Could anyone give me any ideas what sort of things they have in theirs as I am going to start one because it is a very good idea.
So far ive got:

Calpol
Veterinary wound powder

Diarolyte
Aloe Vera Gel
Bepanthen Ointment
Critical Care (oxbow)*
Sodium Citrate (cysitis treatment)
Syringes (feeding/med style)
Sudafed Decongestant
Pro-Biotics (bio lapis)*
Alpohsyl
GG Products...

to name but a few you! (*must haves)

Thats great, thanks!

Do you think I could get most of them at a pet store, not calpol n sudafed decongestant, lol. Alot of them I havent even heard of, I have only recently got guineas.

I have syringes, dirolyte, teetree skin cream (for piggies) erm not much else at the mo but as i work in a chemist i could really stock up! x

I have some plastic pipettes that i brought from Ebay
I find them much easier to use than syringes

You can cut the ends off and they make good hand feeding tools as well (make sure the end is smooth before inserting into a piggy mouth)

I have arrowroot powder (for poorly tummies)

dont forget magnesium sulphate paste and micro por sticky and melonin pads for wounds
brewers yeast is good if pigs not eating much as it gives back iron etc, vit c and calcium tablets, I use calpol and vic to put on their nose for snuffle also to introduce a new pig, blood stopper powder if you cut their nails yourself, cotton buds colliodal silver is brillaint for mixing probiotic powder in, ivomec, critical care powders, eye drops get mine from vets ( he keeps me well stocked) I also keep a small dose of baytril ready for emergencys from vet, i also swear by hibiscrub for cleaning wounds etc, I have got 2 hugh drawers full of all sorts of stuff, I often keep baby food in jars ready for syringe feeding if cc not accepted, fruit or veg types only, plenty of syringes etc,

...also Otodex Ear Drops - always useful for piggies that produce a lot of wax.

Calgel / Bonjela (baby teething gel) for sore mouths and Daktarin Oral Gel for fungal mouth infections / sores / scabs.

Metatone Tonic is good for poorly / recovering guineas.

Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

Beks said:
Diarolyte
Aloe Vera Gel
Bepanthen Ointment
Critical Care (oxbow)*
Sodium Citrate (cysitis treatment)
Syringes (feeding/med style)
Sudafed Decongestant
Pro-Biotics (bio lapis)*
Alpohsyl
GG Products...

I hadnt even thought of a medi box so I am glad I spooted this thread....

Sorry for sounding stupid 98) ( I often do ! ) but could some one please explain
what the uses for all the products are ?

Thanks Jez.

I have got a box but only had few things like eye gel, and wound pounder. I didnt realise how many other things I needed, might need a bigger box!

My pigs have got 3 draws full of "stuff" - far more supplies than the humans.......our First Aid Kit comprises of a box of plasters and some antihistamine tablets ::) Everything else gets treated with my aromatherapy lotions and potions!

Good luck with your collection. Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

gorgeousguineas said:
My pigs have got 3 draws full of "stuff" - far more supplies than the humans.......our First Aid Kit comprises of a box of plasters and some antihistamine tablets ::)

Your house sounds like mine, as far as humans go it's pretty much "If plasters and tablets don't work it must warrent the hospital" ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back