• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Not Eating Nuggets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

helloitsbecca

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi folks. One of my boys isn't eating as much of his nuggets as usual. Usually he only has a few left at the end of the day (unlike his next door neighbour/brother/nemesis who is a pellet monster!) but now he has most of them left. He isn't losing weight, is acting normal and eats veggies and hay no problem. He gets 1/8 of a cup of pellets a day.

Can guinea pigs just go off nuggets? Should I try another brand? I have been goving him oxbow vitamin C supplements this week so I can be sure he is getting the proper amount of vitamin C.

My piggy was the exact same seemed to go off them and not eat as much I left them though and now he's started eating all or most of them. You could try a new brand I know my rabbit took several attempts before we found one we could stick with lol. Pellets only take up around 5% of their diet and as he isn't loosing any weight I wouldn't see a vet visit too necessary just yet. Have you checked his teeth though? Is it possible theyve got a bit long and are uncomfortable when he's chewing the hard pellets

My piggy was the exact same seemed to go off them and not eat as much I left them though and now he's started eating all or most of them. You could try a new brand I know my rabbit took several attempts before we found one we could stick with lol. Pellets only take up around 5% of their diet and as he isn't loosing any weight I wouldn't see a vet visit too necessary just yet. Have you checked his teeth though? Is it possible theyve got a bit long and are uncomfortable when he's chewing the hard pellets

Yeah have checked his teeth just incase, they are lovely and straight and don't look too long. I have just came home and his brother/neighbour/nemesis hasn't eaten as much of them as usual either - this is highly unusual as he is a big fan of pellets. I got a new bag last week so maybe they are somehow different. The other one hasn't lost weight either, as I weighed them at the same time. I will try a new brand I think and see how they get on. I suppose it must be boring having the same food constantly! Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back