• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig not eating too much

Lovethempiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know I’ve been posting a bit with stupid things but sometimes I just get really worried becuase I used to not worry as much and then something horrible happened to my piggie and I don’t want to make the same mistake again. I’ve noticed that there wasn’t much stool at all in piggies cage for about 3 hours and only about 5 poops and I got super worried. I gave nibbles a little bit of critical care and potAto too. I noticed that nibbles doesn’t want to eat much. They are only eating these soft peices of hay and refuse to eat the firmer ones. I realize now that they do want to eat but they only accept these soft parts. The first pic will be of the stuff they eat. The second will be of the stuff they sometimes eat, and the last will be they stuff they don’t like. They have GAINED weight by like 40 grams each since last week but you know little poops becuase their little brats who waste 3/4 of their hay so I don’t know what to do😂 oh and it seems like a few more poops have been given since like 20 minutes ago maybe like 10 so yeah

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 4
It might be that they can eat it but are just being fussy. Best way to check their teeth is watch them eating their veggies to see whether they are able to eat with no problem. Please do not feed potato at all, they should not have this

It might be that they can eat it but are just being fussy. Best way to check their teeth is watch them eating their veggies to see whether they are able to eat with no problem. Please do not feed potato at all, they should not have this
Sorry but what shouldn’t potato have? I have gotten some orchard grass hay to see how this one goes. They Are eating it, but seem to only eat it when they get really hungry. I’ll see how it goes to see if I have to switch back. They are eating they’re veggies fine. I don’t give them vitamin c supplements since I only use red bell pepper every morning to give them their vitamin c.

If there's nothing wrong they could just be fussy, my youngest completely stopped eating after neutering, so I ended up syringe feeding him for one week, his still eating the food now because he prefers it, if it carries on then get a syrange from the vet and some carrot baby food or something they'd like =)

Angel.

Attachments

• 15470715497273022792997151211479.jpg
    15470715497273022792997151211479.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1
Sorry but what shouldn’t potato have? I have gotten some orchard grass hay to see how this one goes. They Are eating it, but seem to only eat it when they get really hungry. I’ll see how it goes to see if I have to switch back. They are eating they’re veggies fine. I don’t give them vitamin c supplements since I only use red bell pepper every morning to give them their vitamin c.

Potatoes are not good for piggies, it's high carbs and no nutrients. Peelings, shoots and the potato plant are toxic to piggies. Sweet potato is ok in moderation.

I think one of Lovethempiggies pigs is called Potato 😉😄

I think one of Lovethempiggies pigs is called Potato 😉😄

:lol!: That's hilarious now I re-read with that knowledge. Obviously when I read it the first couple of times the only mention of potato is "I gave nibbles a little bit of critical care and potAto too" which sounds like nibbles was fed critical care and potato :))

Thanks for clarifying that.

:lol!: That's hilarious now I re-read with that knowledge. Obviously when I read it the first couple of times the only mention of potato is "I gave nibbles a little bit of critical care and potAto too" which sounds like nibbles was fed critical care and potato :))

LOL its okay😂

I thought that too @Lady Kelly! So you're not the only one to be confused.

Potato is a great name for a piggy @Lovethempiggies!

Back