• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Palace!

MrsFB

New Born Pup
Reaction score
If anyone would like to know how they can spend a whole afternoon wondering why they ever had such a ridiculous idea...then I can highly recommend painting a guinea pig hutch! 😜

Second coat drying, patience and sanity in tatters 🙃

Attachments

• B0A066DF-6A47-4BC1-A139-9D1759A03B36.jpeg
    B0A066DF-6A47-4BC1-A139-9D1759A03B36.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 61
Looks nice. I’d suggest perhaps lifting the end of the ramp so it’s not so steep. And putting something to grip (carpet tiles work well) and a cover on it so they feel safer. What are the dimensions of the inside?

I know your pain...done it many times over including relining the flooring every few years....a stiff drink helps at the end of the day 🍷

Thanks guys :) The little poppets are arriving today. Husband building bannisters for the top of the stairs as we speak, muttering something about planning permission and building control 🤣

2 floors, each are 162x68cm. We’re getting a ramp tunnel for them but only letting them in the bottom part to start with until they have settled in. Need to put all the hay etc in for them to hide in and it will be ready 😃

Thanks guys :) The little poppets are arriving today. Husband building bannisters for the top of the stairs as we speak, muttering something about planning permission and building control 🤣

2 floors, each are 162x68cm. We’re getting a ramp tunnel for them but only letting them in the bottom part to start with until they have settled in. Need to put all the hay etc in for them to hide in and it will be ready 😃

How exciting! Let us know how things go.

Of course only the bottom level counts as their cage size (upper levels don’t double the cage size) but it’s a really lovely size for two girlies!

Perfect! Can’t wait to see photos ☺️

Aw exciting news! Can’t wait to see them once they have settled x

How exciting! Are you getting them from a pet shop or a rescue? If you are getting them from a petshop make sure that they are both girlies.

How exciting! Are you getting them from a pet shop or a rescue? If you are getting them from a petshop make sure that they are both girlies.
They are from a local lady I know who has a few litters Every so often. She assures me they are def both girls 🥰 They are both well handled by her children too which is lovely. One is currently playing dead and the other seems like a bit of a thug, investigating everything and causing chaos 🤣

It is certainly a labour of love! Painting and lining hutches takes so much will! I did mine and it drove me nuts!

Oh wow! What a beautiful piggie Palace! Such little cuties, I bet they'll be super happy x

Lovely hutch! And some adorable piggies you have!

Back