• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig peeing on people

Hbell17

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My piggy Ava has this thing for peeing A LOT of my boyfriend and only him. The other day on couch time she was snuggled up to him and noticed she was about to pee so he backed up a little but she followed him. We let it go because she did get a drink before hand but then I went to the bathroom and she peed like a lot again pretty much right on him. Is she just marking her territory? Her urine looks fine as well as the other piggy. Its literally just when he's around

This is not unusual behaviour. Guinea pigs pee often and don't have much control over it.
With most of our piggies we learnt to recognise the signs they were going to pee and would pop them back in their cage straight away.

You could also have your piggy on a pee pad, an old towel or a blanket when he is out, so if he does pee your boyfriend doesn't get wet!

Its just weird because she always nips at me when she has to go unless he's around lol. I just was curious as to why she doesn't tell me when he's around

Rusty used to do something like that too. He’d curl up on my lap and without warning he’d pee on me. He doesn’t do it much now, he usually hops down and goes back in his cage.

Back