• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Play Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doragon

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Sorry if this is the wrong place x3 I wasn't sure so I put it here!

So the rest of my family has gone away for the weekend camping; I can't go as I have to work! But I'm feeling pretty down and lonely and still feeling icky thanks to my pills side effects, so I thought - why not have the guinea pigs downstairs with me a lot of the time while my family are away!

I was thinking of letting them run around a room with me inside with them and just letting have have lots of exercise and time for bonding (while I'm not at work) over the next couple of days!

So the only room I can really think of is our living room - it's large, not many places for them to get stuck and it's good a wood floor for easier pee cleaning! I've taken a few pictures for you guys. In just wondering if this looks okay for them to run around in? I'll obviously block any access to wires and things like that. I'm most worried about them peeing on the sofa or around it or something - mum would absolutely murder me. Just wanted some opinions!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I think they'd love that! I would suggest blocking/boarding up the bits with wires and move any towels/blankets/soft materials out of guinea pig reach so they don't pee on it, apart from that I can't think what else might be a problem?

I was going to block all areas with wires and make sure anything is out of their reach, I was mainly concerned about the sofa but hopefully it'll be okay! I mean it'll be nice for me to have the company!

Just what Galaxy&Nibbles said!
It looks pretty safe and I'm sure they will love it.

Looks like you are going to have a fun weekend.

Just remember - guinea pig wee can leave a white residue stain.

I was going to clean the wee as it happens - would that prevent the white stain? I mean I don't think it matters as we're having carpet there eventually anyway, I'm more concerned about it getting near the sofa.

I did the same thing on laminate flooring when I was home alone. The pee stains came off easily with antibacterial floor wipes, even once it had dried.

:D Have you got any old towels or sheets that you can spread on the floor so the poor piggies aren't skidding about all over the place? ( It will Also help with cleaning up.)

It was all going fine until they worked out how to get under the sofa! Got th out safely. Working out a way to block the sofa off before playtime resumes.

You could stuff the underside of the sofa with towels or something, like if there's a fire? Or maybe books? x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back