• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I hope someone can help. I am looking at buying a cheap guinea pig/rabbit run for the garden.
I want something reasonably cheap but spacious so that Reggie can run round the garden in it and enjoy the Spring/Summer months.

Please can you tell me where you recommend me to buy one from?
Cheers
Stacey x

have you any c&c grids? i cable tie them together and use them as a run.

Or, i got one a bit ago off ebay, merlins pet supplies i think it was called small animal play pen.

Hope you are ok hon, not seen you round so much x

I just got one off of amazon. It's fabric and has a detachable bottom and top. So it's perfect for using inside and outside. They come in different sizes and range in price from about £27.99 to £65.

This is what mine looks like:

31G8OGrsyJL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

It folds up into a bag and the bottom is machine washable.

I have one of these too..got off Ebay. I do like it but Cocoa the little devil escapes it mallethead

I had to buy a wooden one today rolleyes

i am sure Teejay is selling one of those on ebay, there was a thread about it the other day.

I brought mine off ebay, £35 including delivery for 8 high metal sides so you can build it as big or as small as you like and you get a mesh cover/sunscreen with it too. My girls love it

If you have a handy OH, get him to build one. We built ours in a day, we used some chicken wire, tacks, screws and some 2x4 wood. Very easy to do, just need two people to put it all together. Mine love it, they are in it as we speak! Hope this helps

I got a big wooden one from ebay from a place called Alfreton (not that far away from you I think ?) he makes them in a little unit.
It's good and sturdy too and already painted/stained in animal friendly stuff.

I don't know if you have a service like it near you but my area has a 'Freegle' service on Yahoo Groups where people can post things they want to get rid of or ask for things they need.

I've got two runs and an indoor cage for free! Which I will be adapting to make an enormous outdoor run for my pigs. Worth looking into!

or if you dare, preloved which is where I got my second hand hutch from. There is also gumtree to look at and we have a local free ads paper that went on the net called trade it - it may have some advertisers in your area not just the bristol area (which is the area it started in)

I got one yesterday...not huge but does the job xx

Will find my pics.

Photo-ed-1.jpg

The floor in the house is wood..i put fleece and the mat was off mum for inside the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back