• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig started not to move or play anymore

DeniSara32

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! for two days now my guinea pig started to just sit in a corner of the cage and not move from there, I kept playing with her and I tried to cheer her up but nothing seems to work, what should be the problem ? I really don’t know what to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 7
It sounds as if there is a chance your piggy is ill. You need to take her to the vet.
Is she eating hay? If not, then you must step in and syringe feed to prevent her system from shutting down.

Weigh your piggy daily to ensure she is eating enough. If she is losing weight then you need to syringe feed more often - you could need to feed around the clock if there is a complete loss of appetite.

The guides below help with further information, but you do need to have her seen by a vet for diagnosis and treatment

Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment
Not Eating, Weight Loss And The Importance Of Syringe Feeding Fibre
Complete Syringe Feeding Guide

Yes I agree with @Piggies&buns these are classic signs of illness and pain, you should take piggy to the vet as soon as you can, ideally within 24 hours, and be prepared to step in with support feeding if piggy is not eating. Keep us posted about what the vet says, then we can support you further x

Hello everyone! Thank you for you advices we should go see the vet tomorrow but sadly she didn’t make it ...

So sorry for your loss.
Sadly guinea pigs hide illness so well that it’s often too late when we realise something is wrong.
You can post a tribute to her on the Rainbow Bridge thread if you feel like it.
Be gentle with yourself as you grieve

Back