• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Toy Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have 3 guinea pigs; Bradley and Barney who live together and single Rodney.

Bradley and Barney must be the laziest pigs on this planet! If it's not food they're not interested and I want to get them a bit more active if I can. Rodney gets bored so I have to keep on coming up with toys for him, so far he's got: a tunnel, a jingly ball, a wood and rope chew toy and a teddy bear. I've tried toys with Bradley and Barney but they completely ignore them and go back to vegging out lol. I've also tried stuffing toilet rolls with hay but they get ignored too apart from a little nibble. So...I need toy ideas! Any suggestions?

Have you tried toilet roll inners stuffed with hay and the hung on a string across the cage, so they have to work to get at them? Here is what I did:
b83ed7f4.jpg

There are more toy ideas in our reference section:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43520

My charlie spends ages playing with a towel :)) he just buries himself in and just rolls about on it and keeps him occupied he loves it. Other ideas mine like are just basic things like cardboard boxes there can chew and jump inside. I have tried toys from the petshop and they get board in 2 mins so just anything they can get inside and hide mine seem happy with.

Bizarrely, my girls appear to like wooden children's toys. Rosie and Bumble spent ages playing with my nephew's train track - Bumble is still small enough to get underneath the suspension bridge!

All of my piggies love chubes and houses. I've never had any success with toys bought from the shop, but they love tunnels and giddy holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back