• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lot LOVE cardboard boxes over any other toys. If you cut two doorways in them, he can run though, make a den or climb on top (depending on how big it is) :)

Both my piggies really enjoy chomping toilet paper rolls.

As long as there is no dyes or glues, they can have it.

I also stuffed and old sock with hay that they seem to enjoy.

The also like soft cuddle things. An old small, limp, plushie works. Just no yard or felt parts, they might pull it out and eat it. Also no beanies. The plastic bits are toxic.

Also, any chewable hut type object. You can use a thin cardboard box as long as there are no dyes and whatnot.

They love to hide. Small pet beds and large pockets are a fave.

If they seem unsure or a new toy, try stuffing it with treats.

Primark bags! Just put a handful of hay in or make a tunnel out of it!

Toilet rolls are also a big hit with my boys. I stuff it with hay and readigrass and it keeps them occupied.

We have a collection of toy tips in our reference section; it's worth having a look through those threads in there anyway!

Primark bags! Just put a handful of hay in or make a tunnel out of it!

Toilet rolls are also a big hit with my boys. I stuff it with hay and readigrass and it keeps them occupied.

I agree with both these, my boys love these especially primark bags (just another excuse to go shopping :)) )

I also am able to get boxes from work (the ones you get a4 printer paper in) stick a little door in and they love to use them as hidey holes

I also am able to get boxes from work (the ones you get a4 printer paper in) stick a little door in and they love to use them as hidey holes[/QUOTE]

What a brilliant idea - we go through loads of these at school; I am definitely going to bring some home.:)

12112010147.jpg
[/IMG]

This is what happened to the latest box, they like to chew them too!

Also, another free way to make them happy is fresh green grass.

As long as there aren't chemicals used on the grass, they can eat a whole bunch. When my boys go outside all they do is graze like cattle.

But this is also a bit seasonal, depending on where you live. I only get 4-5 months of good grass a year in mid Alberta.

I know this isn't a toy but my three guinea pigs all love this..
I bought each a kitten litter tray (so not too high they can't jump in) put a little bit of woodchip in (you can use whatever substrate is normally in their cage) then on top of this I fill it full of hay, then I sprinkle either some Naturals nature salad or excel herb mix over the top. The guineas love to sit in them/climb on them to munch on hay and forage for the herbs. They're also a nice spot for snoozing according to my Terry who's always in his..;)

Mine love toilet roll inner tubes once you're done using the toilet paper. I always cut them lengthways so they can't get their heads stuck, then I stuff them full of marigold hay. They love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back