• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea-Pig Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got some rabbits last week and I feel like I've not spent as much time with the guinea-pigs recently as I've been settling the rabbits in, so I'd like to make it up to them by getting them a few new toys. What toys are the most popular with your guinea-pigs? I've got them some boxes and things like that but I'd like to buy them a new toy too

Have a look in our toy thread in the reference section for ideas!

I love the egg box idea and the teddy bear idea from that thread there are some really good cheap ideas there :D

my piggy favorite toys are tunnels and cosy things. one has his own blanket that he snuggles in between its so funny and cute :)) oh and they love carboard boxes to play in and jump on :)

Just joined the forum and more later about that.

BUT I had to say that the cloth tunnels that spring open are dangerous.

My piggies love them, but in less than a week I took them out to wash and found the tunnels chewed around the edges and the wire had sprung out on one of the ends. They were dangerously sharp and I have thrown the lot of them away.

Mine were from the dreaded P@H but they are available everywhere and are of the same manufacture.

Please don't use them.

I (and more so my piggies) much prefer underground pipe from the local builders merchants. The nice people there even cut it into lengths for me. Easy to clean and disinfect and far longer lasting :)

Those huge cardboard boxes you get at the end of morrisons (or any other supermarket) tills, they're meant for stocking bananas/produce etc. but are free and my boys enjoy running through them, nibbling on them and climbing on top of them.

Tubes! B+Q underground pipes, cut down make great hideys and tunnels.

Hay stuffed in tubes.

Hay stuffed in carboard boxes

Hay stuffed in two exit hideys so they have to "dig" their way through!

Hay.

Small Plastic Dog Beds! Can be used upside down as a hidey or stuffed with hay to make a cosie. :)
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back