• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Twitching...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHood93

New Born Pup
Reaction score
This morning when I checked on my guinea pig, Lola, she was laying in her cage twitching and making strange little noises. She won't eat or drink anything and is limp when I hold her. Is she just sick or is my baby leaving me? There aren't any vets near me who treat small animals so I have nowhere I can take her. She was fine and squeaking last night.

Where are you located, we may be able to recommend vets for you, it does sound like she needs to see one as an emergency

I really think you need to get her to a vet.
I understand how horrible that is, it sounds like she's leaving you, try and keep her comfortable and warm, prepare yourself for the worst. You need to get her to a vet, there may be something they can still do.

Sorry but she really does need a vet. Will they not see her even in an emergency?

I am very sorry for the dreadful situation you find yourself in. Won't any of the vets in your reach see her? It really is a matter of life and death and the longer you wait, the less of a chance you have. :(

I'm sorry to see your piggy isn't well. How is she now? Hope you're both ok x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back