• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PingandChipy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I haven't posted for quite awhile, not since my girl, Walnut had a bladder stone removed. She is doing awesome by the way! It was a very near experience with death but thankfully she pulled through and now has gained back all the weight she lost and is a happy pig. Such a relief!

But sadly my guinea pig, Sadie, succumbed to hyperthyroidism and passed away. And Bunty just passed away from ovarian cysts and cancer. So that let a great big hole in our family. I only had 2 guinea pigs left, Walnut and Lulu and both being over 5 years old now. So we made the decision last week to adopt 2 more girls from a rescue. :) They are 2 years old and both female. One is smooth white with black eyes, and the other is a brown and white abby. I will update with pictures once they are settled. :)

But I'm quite worried about them. They came home yesterday and they are so skinny and small. Honestly they look like they are not even full grown yet. And one of them has such sharp bones protruding. They were ravenous and eating everything, which I'm pleased about because my first thought was their teeth were giving them problems. And they are naturally very scared but I was expecting that.

I worried all night about how thin they are and I really hope it is simply due to malnutrition and that they will fill out fast. Poor little girls.

Well, that is my guinea pig update and as soon as they are more comfy I will take pictures and post them. They are adorable. :) Oh and their names are Poppy and Sophia. But I might change Sophia's name because it doesn't really suit her even though its one of my favorite names.

I'm sorry for your losses :( But it's great to hear that Walnut is doing well :)

Looking forward to some pigtures of your new arrivals!

Welcome back, I'm so sorry for your losses, it's never easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back