• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig with hay-fever

Sirmo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
One of our guinea pigs has hay-fever, is there a safe antihistamine in liquid form if possible that you can recommend we can give her.

Bradshaw Piggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

Have you had a vet confirm that it is definitely hay fever? What are the symptoms?

Guinea pigs can suffer allergies but it’s important to rule out other underlying issues.

I don’t have experience of allergies in pigs, but I’m sure our more experienced members will be along soon.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:agr:
Do get your piggy seen by a vet before giving any medication.
We are not able to tell you what you can give to your piggy, only a vet can do that following diagnosis

Sirmo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

Have you had a vet confirm that it is definitely hay fever? What are the symptoms?

Guinea pigs can suffer allergies but it’s important to rule out other underlying issues.

I don’t have experience of allergies in pigs, but I’m sure our more experienced members will be along soon.
Thankyou very much, I will get the vet to check her out.