Guinea Pigs have had a bath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary

Reaction score
Hi! I have just bathed my new rescue pig and also my 3!
I really enjoyed it and I must say I think they did. I have just put her in with my 3. I was gutted as went to get my camera and it was flat! :'(
How often should you bath them.

amillar

Reaction score
Hi Mary. i think once a month is recommended to keep them fresh and clean. I keep an eye out for any bugs, fakey skin etc and if i see any sign i bath them straight away. My boys had lice i think from their hay a little while ago and a bath with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo got rid of them. I have also used a kids lice shampoo on my girl pigs when i first got them and that did the job to.

shame no pictures :(

C

Cutepeach

Willie gets a bath every couple of months as I think his skin needs it and it starts to flake and look dandruffy or something like that. He isn't really fond of the bath thing, but doesn't mind the hair dryer. I'll have to post some pictures some time from our last bath incident on here once I get a chance.

P

pipercat23

I can't remember exactally how long between baths but I think it is every 3 to 5 months. I always go by how dirty and funky Vash is but I try not to give him too many baths. He usually gets one around 1 to 2 months since he can't seem to keep clean. Vash is getting good on telling me he needs a bath, he will scratch a lot and if I pick him up and run water he will not move if he wants a bath. It is odd he use to hate getting a bath but now he seems happy to get one, he does not even fuss when I roll him over to wash his tummy.:)

michellemuffin

Reaction score
as long as they get a good brush mine only get done 2 to 3 times a year unless they get really dirty but mostly they get butt dunked in the winter months

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
My lot are sometimes every couple of months or so. More or less depending on if they are sinkiny or dirty looking. A couple of my girls are a bit more regular as they are white.
Also a wipe down with a baby wipe does the trick nicely too :)

P

penfold118

Ronnie and Reggie had there very first bath on the 1st Sept, I was dreading it but TBH Ronnie was very comfortable and Reggie loved it :) I used some of Chrisse's shampoo from GG. The only bit I had trouble with was the grease gland, not sure if I spent enough time on it but hey they sparkled ( for a couple of hours at least LOL )

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
is it me or are boys much better in the bath than girls? i remember when we used to keep girls and they used to wheek a lot when they were bathed. they tried everything to jump out of there, splashing around and soaking the whole bathroom.

now i've got my two boys and both times i've bathed them, last time being yesterday, they've both been so well behaved. they just sit there and look round the bathroom. they especially like the shampoo bit and end up lying down in the washing up bowl.

not keen on the hair dryer though ;D

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
LOL I've found that girls like it more and are more likely to have a little swim around in it! My boys are ok in their 'bath' preferring to hold on to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.