Guinea Pigs needed a home for two weeks in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

We will be going away in June to get married. We really want to have our piggies taken care of by someone that understands them, and will spend time with them, rather than a commercial service who will just provide their basic needs. If you are in the Manchester area, and can look after our 3 lovely girls for two weeks please let me know.

You can see them here: http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64740

It is really important that they stay together, and are kept away from Males piggies!

We can provide an indoor cage, and obviously all food, costs etc. The cage is a little small, but I don't think it will be a problem for two weeks.

Please let me know if you can help.

David

Toffeewoffee

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I live in Norfolk so unfortunately too far away, which is a shame as i would have been delighted. I dont think i would want to give them back though as they are so cute.

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are in Cheadle. But can obviously drive to you if needed!

Reaction score
Ooh we are in Middleton :)
I know what you mean about not wanting to put them in a boarding place.
I work at a kennels which also cares for small animals. The staff obviously care for them but like you said only the basics. Luckily I'm there to give them that little extra hehe. I'm trying to think if I'd have room to look after your beautiful girls, I've just got a massive 2 storey cage for my lot so that may be a bit difficult. I hope someone has room! I'm sure they will, theres lots of lovely piggie people! x

Reaction score
Oooh that wouldn't take up too much room!
I'll get back to you! In the mean time I hope some one will have them for you :):)

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ooh we are in Middleton :)
I know what you mean about not wanting to put them in a boarding place.
I work at a kennels which also cares for small animals. The staff obviously care for them but like you said only the basics. Luckily I'm there to give them that little extra hehe. I'm trying to think if I'd have room to look after your beautiful girls, I've just got a massive 2 storey cage for my lot so that may be a bit difficult. I hope someone has room! I'm sure they will, theres lots of lovely piggie people! x

Yeah, I have heard horror stories about female piggies being mixed with male ones and coming back pregnant and things like that also. Not really happy with boarding them.

Reaction score
Oh god really! That's bad! Thankfully nothing like that has ever happened like that at our place. When we go away I only put my dogs in the kennels, the piggies either stay here and family come and feed them or they go on holiday to someones house :)

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Video here, their cuteness should help my case! :) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSOkYC3t3s&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
what dates would you want them taken care of?

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Also, Logiebear and Clairelove are in your area-ish, they may be able to help.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
awww what beautiful piggies, if you can bear to bring them to Morecambe i could have them for you

Doeylicious

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah, I have heard horror stories about female piggies being mixed with male ones and coming back pregnant and things like that also. Not really happy with boarding them.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush please. Both myself and Holiday Hutch/Animal Magic Pet Supplies on here run boarding establishments, or rather 'guinea pig hotels', and would never dream of doing something like that.

All the guineas I board get as many cuddles and play time as my own, although they are never mixed with mine or any other guests. They have their own hutch and their own run time, own bowl that gets disinfected before each guest, and own bottle that's the same. The hutches too get disinfected between each visitor, and I ask all my guests to bring their own hideys or toys to help them feel at home if they want.

I had an enquiry from someone wanting me to take 3 girls and rather than put them in a standard hutch which IMO is only suitable for 2, I bought a new large hutch and spent Sunday adding a second floor to make sure his piggies were really comfy. They are arriving in a couple of weeks.

So we are not all just in it for the money, some of us really do love piggies! :)

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I may be able to help if you're still struggling, but we're over in Bolton. I will have to check before saying for certain and it depends what dates in June you are away.

I assume from your photos your girls live in a hutch? They could stay in our old double 4ft hutch next to my pigs. We have Boris (our neutered boy) and his four ladies. They could play out on our lawn in a pen next to my lot in the evenings if you like too :)

We don't have space to look after them indoors though - sorry :(

p.s. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding too xx>>>

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
what dates would you want them taken care of?

Probably the 9th - 26th of June. I need to double check with her!

I may be able to help if you're still struggling, but we're over in Bolton. I will have to check before saying for certain and it depends what dates in June you are away.

I assume from your photos your girls live in a hutch? They could stay in our old double 4ft hutch next to my pigs. We have Boris (our neutered boy) and his four ladies. They could play out on our lawn in a pen next to my lot in the evenings if you like too :)

We don't have space to look after them indoors though - sorry :(

p.s. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding too xx>>>

Yes, outside in a hutch is fine. Probably better than indoors. These are outdoor piggies :) - Thank you for the congrats! We are really hoping to find someone as close to home as possible, we obviously have a lot to plan, pack ect. We are rolling the wedding and honeymoon into one.

DavidEscapes

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Its getting close to the time so I need to bump this thread. If anyone can help (in the stockport area preferably?), please let me know :)

I'm certain you will love the piggies and won't want to give them back!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.