• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guineadad liners never wash

Zephyrforever

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Guinea dad liner trouble here, need advice on other bedding options. My guinea dad liners still smell like pee after washing, even twice in a row with double detergent. And they also never dry fully, and leave my washer full of hay even after I shake them very well. I really need help here guys. What other bedding options can I choose?

Hello and welcome to the forum

I don’t have these types of liners sorry. I have fleece liners.

Are you putting too much into the machine at one time?
Are you putting white vinegar into the softener drawer?

With regards to the hay in the machine I use a horse wash bag. It collects all the hay and fur.

Amazon.co.uk

Good luck I hope you can find a solution. 😀

Just a thought - too much detergent is also a thing. Maybe try a just-water cycle after your cleaning cycle to make sure you've rinsed it all out? Can also recommend a bit of white vinegar in the fabric conditioner drawer (works a treat on piggie bedding and human washing alike!).

I add extra water, when it's on the cycle. Just open the drawer and pour a load in, about 2 litres. This is a problem with big liners as they absorb too much water and don't leave enough for washing. As mentioned above a pet wash bag is brilliant for containing the hay and white vinegar in the fabric conditioner compartment. Most of us use a hand brush with rubber bristles to get the worst of the hay off.
Also I put the washing machine on and extra spin cycle or two as mentioned before they soak up a lot of water.

Hi

Stinking liners are usually caused by overfilling the machine; fleece is very absorbent but it can leave too little free water in the drum to properly wash and rinse the fleeces. Added white (cleaning) vinegar can additionally help with the smell. Too little detergent can make fleece hard but adding too much is also not good.

Some fleece is much 'stickier' for hay than other. I prefer polar or micro fleece for that reason; it has a much smoother surface, wicks better and the hay doesn't stick as badly. I do still have to wipe the drum after each wash and check the filter regularly but it is not as bad as could be.

Here is our fleece bedding and care guide: A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding

Back