• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guineas licking xeno 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind1

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just treated one of a group of 4 with xeno 450 and the other 3 are licking her back where the xeno 450 is. Will it do them any harm? I have never known them to do this before

mojules

Reaction score
Hi there

when we treated our two with Xeno we kept them separate for about 20 mins until it dried in they were out in a run but it had two sections if that makes sense - I would separate the one you have treated. Not sure if it will do the others any harm sorry x

hot fox

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We have treated ours with Beaphor stuff, which I'm fairly sure is similar, active ingredient is Ivermectin. Ours were licking each other after I applied it last time, and I put on a thread asking the same question. Ours were fine, I know it's not an ideal scenario, but you can give Ivermectin orally anyway. It's just the other ingredients which aren't really designed to be ingested! They are nosey aren't they? I cuddled Amber for ages yesterday, after I put her back the others were smelling her fur where I'd stroked her! Their sense of smell must be pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.