• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guitar Music for beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caviesgalore (EPGPR)

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yey, I won the acoustic guitar I was after on eBay yesterday, got to go and collect it tomorrow (Fri).

Can anyone recommend a good learn to play the guitar book for beginners? Can't read music (used to be able to many moons ago, but brain has shunted this bit of info. somewhere and it doesn't want to reappear!) so it must be basic ! My nearest music shop is great in terms of the quantity of stock it holds, but the assistants do tend to treat you as a bit of a moron if you don't know exactly what you want :-\

I have a feeling that once the girls see the guitar (they don't know about it yet) I might well lose it! Both play instruments and can read music so they will either think mum is "cool" to want to learn something new (at my age( or a bit sad, we shall see!

hah wait till youve paid out heaps for an electric geetar,and still cant play,ill have a fish thru my books to see whats the best one to get
ohh and theres a prog you can get online that teaches you to play,ill see what i can find with that too as I have it on my comp somewhere

Thanks Sehnsucht that would be fab! I have a feeling that I might end up with a guitar gathering dust in the corner of the room if I'm not careful! Having said that, my money is on the girls pinching it ;D

Caviesgalore said:
Thanks Sehnsucht that would be fab! I have a feeling that I might end up with a guitar gathering dust in the corner of the room if I'm not careful! Having said that, my money is on the girls pinching it ;D
hey youre welcome
i often find its easy to put a tune on the comp and play along to it somehow,its kinda easy ish to pick up things that way too

Collected the guitar on Friday and am very pleased with it. It is in great condition and has obviously not been played much in the past (does this sound familiar!). Didn't tell the girls I was getting it and their faces were a picture when they got home from school. Needless to say I have lost it already! ;D Both girls have had a good play (after Meg and I had had a go at tuning it) and already Rachael, my eldest, has mastered 3 or 4 notes and was wittering on about changing chords today - oh to be 12 again! Roll on school, I might get a look in then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back