• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guniea pigs teeth

Herny123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Are my guniea pigs teeth overgrown. Do they need trimming?

Attachments

• 9CB7D04B-4B3B-417C-B0FE-538BF37C3E03.jpeg
    9CB7D04B-4B3B-417C-B0FE-538BF37C3E03.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
I’m not sure to be honest. If you’re worried you’re best off taking him to a vet. But just be aware that not all who treat guinea pigs are experienced with doing dentals (if it’s needed). I’ll tag @furryfriends (TEAS)

I think they look normal. Is the piggy eating okay? If they are I would not even be wondering to be honest, but hopefully @furryfriends (TEAS) be along to advise on those toothies

thank you for all of your replies , he is struggling to eat a little. I noticed his eating a lot more slower and loosing interest. I will take him to the vet tommrrow just to be sure😊

The front incisors look normal to me, but it's the teeth at the back that you can't see easily that are usually the cause of dental issues. Sometimes the incisors look fine while the molars in back will be overgrown or have spurs, causing pain and causing your guinea pig to go off their food. Usually by the time the front incisors look abnormal, the back molars are VERY abnormal. So you're doing the best thing by taking your piggie to a vet to get a good look at the back teeth! Best wishes and hope it's just an off-day for him and no issues!

Update on henry- took him to the vets and it was all okay apart from having something stuck in his mouth which was washed out by the vet and his back to normal eating and drinking😊 thank you everyone

That's great news 🙂 love it when a problem is sorted out easily!

Back