Had the fright of my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snugglypig

I am still in shock from last night, :o

I was feeding bugsy my big white bunny in is hutch last night, turned round to get something from behind me and Bugsy leapt out of his hutch,It normally wouldn't have been a problem as is old hutch was about 18 inches off the floor but his new one is 4 foot up, due to me having a bad back and can't get down to the lower one easily.

he landed with such a thump and just lay on his side. :'( my heart just sank, I really thought he had broken his back.
after about 30 seconds he started scrabbling to his feet , thankfully all ok JUST STUNNED.
Went straight to emergency vets who Xrayed to be on the safe side and nothing broken and even his teeth are all still intacted, BOY was I lucky.
Poor Bugsy do I feel bad for what happened , I never want this to happen again.

He has spent the day is the run as if nothing has happened.

karen

bevs

Reaction score
Oh dear :( Glad Bugsy is fine, please try not to feel bad Karen it wasn't your fault. :-*

michellemuffin

Reaction score
so glad he is alright but accidents happen and no matter how much we try to prevent them they do so donbt feel bad about it, he is fine ;)

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
What a big shock for you! Glad all seems fine. Everyone has accidents love!

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How frighteneng! they do things so quickly, don't they?
Delighted he is well.

G

gothchick1515

Punking feel out of the second storey of her hutch at around 2 weeks and she was fine they are really tough animals and a bit like cats when they get older they almost always land on their feet. glad hes ok though x

S

snugglypig

Thanks everyone,

Thankfully he is absolutly fine,
have bought him some new toys (might help) one thing is a stainless still ball which you feel with veggies he thinks he is a footballer now ;D

thanks again

karen

Status
Not open for further replies.