• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hair Loss After Ringworm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomilktoday

New Born Pup
Reaction score
my poor piggies have got ringworm
They have had treatment from the vet for I week
Scaling has gone, but replaced by bald, pink but healthy looking skin.
Will the hair grow back?
How long? Do I keep treating with antifungals?

What product has your vet given you? If your piggies are on oral itrafungol, that should usually do the trick with otherwise healthy piggies. if you have been given topical (i.e. skin) treatment, then I would strongly recommend to continue a bit longer to make sure that you have really got everything. The affected area around the original patch is quite a bit larger than originally visible, but all affected hair needs to come out to prevent a return. Ringworm often sits at the root of the hair.
Here is our ringworm tips and pictures thread that show you how an infection develops until the hair is growing back from the centre: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/ringworm-hygiene-and-pictures.115402/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back