Hamlet

It is lovely of you to think of us and to ask. I started writing a long reply but realised it was more suited to the Ophelia thread so posted it there before coming back here. As I said on that thread, it's probably much harder for mini-slave. We were able to say goodby properly and she couldn't.

We are now focused on Hamlet. My elder daughter and I are spending time with him and it is such a relief to see that there is no acute pining. He seems perfectly fine at the moment. We need to find him another home as soon as we can though. My next task is to write to the Blue Cross (and apologise that Hamlet, who underwent a name change, has also put on so much weight 🫢). Mini-slave would like him to remain with us until he is adopted rather than have to go back there to wait. It would be best as he is so settled here, but I need to find out if they would take him on in the first place. @Merab, it was lovely of you to say that you would take him if you could! The sentiment is much appreciated 😊
 
IMG_4838.webp
Good morning. Middle Slave is trying to get a good photo of me for the Blue Cross rehoming form and she has to get my whole body. Do you think I look good?

IMG_4837.webp
Oh yes, while you’re at it may I inform you that my food bowl is empty. No more? Ok. I’ll go to the unstable carrot cottage.



This was me on the 11th too.

00FD23CB-2FEB-47A5-A306-03DE72FF3922.webp
 
You look fabulous 😍 All the lady guinea pigs will be bidding for you 🥰🐾 I hope things go OK 🙏 ❤️
Thank you ☺️

Middle Slave is ignoring my request for food. It’s an hour until supper time but she fed me an hour earlier yesterday because she couldn’t resist.
 
Thank you @CTWC
Hi @PiggyintheMiddle I've just been reading through your story, I'm sorry about Ophelia, it's so sad when they're gone too soon. Hamlet is just gorgeous. Roughly where abouts are you based? We live north Manchester way. We've had quite a tumultuous journey ourselves which I've shared on this forum. Chocolate is currently on his own and looking for a friend and we're exploring options but he can't be neutered and needs a boar (though he did fall out with the last one).
 
Thank you @CTWC
Hi @PiggyintheMiddle I've just been reading through your story, I'm sorry about Ophelia, it's so sad when they're gone too soon. Hamlet is just gorgeous. Roughly where abouts are you based? We live north Manchester way. We've had quite a tumultuous journey ourselves which I've shared on this forum. Chocolate is currently on his own and looking for a friend and we're exploring options but he can't be neutered and needs a boar (though he did fall out with the last one).
Hi, thank you ever so much for your message and I'm so sorry for your loss and your difficulties. We had been hoping for a sow and Ophelia was a non-dominant gentle sow. The worry is that he will go all that way and then they don't get on. What is he like? Is he very dominant?
 
Oh Hamlet, I'm so glad that you are still popcorning and running around. He's made a few noises to let me know of his presence as well, as I sit in mini-slave's room keeping him company.

I won't see you after tomorrow because I'll be back at university but I will be kept updated. I really hope we find you another lovely piggy you so deserve.
 
My Mum, when talking about how sweet Hamlet is, “[husband], should we just get another sow?”

(Only a joke but Hamlet has been letting me know when he walks around, and sometimes stops to look at me.)
 
Hi, thank you ever so much for your message and I'm so sorry for your loss and your difficulties. We had been hoping for a sow and Ophelia was a non-dominant gentle sow. The worry is that he will go all that way and then they don't get on. What is he like? Is he very dominant?
I can understand that. Chocolate is the loveliest guinea, it's just him and Tony both wanted to be alpha so didn't get on. And yeah I was thinking that. If we knew they would be BFFs I wouldn't mind the journey for them, but I honestly don't know how he'll take to another boar and not sure I could cope with the neighboars stress again if they hated each other 🤣 I think I'm probably better going to a rescue that does the bonding for me so I don't panic at every rumblestrutt and teeth chatter.
 
Hamlet’s dating profile went live on Friday… and on Saturday he had already been snapped up and is in his new home with two ladies, one of whom is from the Blue Cross.) I hope the adopter doesn’t mind us posting the photos she kindly sent to the Blue Cross at @KHBz request.

Seeing these photos has definitely made my day!IMG_5777.webpIMG_5776.webp
 
Aw look at them. It didn't take long for him to be snapped up did it! I hope they'll all be very happy together. And well done for all the lovely care you gave him, and for helping him find a nice new chapter. You really have made such a difference in his life.
 
Back
Top