• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hamster bin cage

holliesky12

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone I know this is for guinea pig but I have seen a few posts about hamster and this forum I so active an helpful so I am hoping someone can give some advice . So my sister got 2 male syrian hamster in a aquarium for them both and put a divider down the middle stoping them from getting to each other but that does mean there little area are not big enough For them. She has one that is naturally tame and one that has bitten her a few times so I have offered to take full care of him hopefully more space and patience will help him become less scared.

so my question is how likely are they to escape a bin cage. The bin I cage I’ve got is 150 liters and the bin is fairly deep so my plan for him is a bin cage and create a mesh or chicken wire roof on top of the lid.
I have 8 guinea pigs and the best room for my new hamster to live in is with them because the room as overall the best heating and it has the most natural light. So if the bin made probably do you think he couldn’t escape and come in contact with my guinea pigs. And help I would really appreciate :D

A lot will depend on the hamster to be honest.
Some are natural chewers and some really don't bother.

It is great you want to take him on and give him more space.
Just make sure the mesh for the lid is very well secured and offer lots of natural enrichments - tunnels, deep bedding, chews, etc.
Males tend to be a little calmer than females so hopefully he will just get on enjoying his new space.

A lot will depend on the hamster to be honest.
Some are natural chewers and some really don't bother.

It is great you want to take him on and give him more space.
Just make sure the mesh for the lid is very well secured and offer lots of natural enrichments - tunnels, deep bedding, chews, etc.
Males tend to be a little calmer than females so hopefully he will just get on enjoying his new space.
Thank you definitely gonna spoil him as hamster has such cute toys. i will get clip for the lid, he hasn’t chewed his aquarium or anything like that but hopefully with time he will be loving it. :D

Back