• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hand Held Blender

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I want to buy an handheld blender so I can make my homemade soups smooth and wondered if you have any recommendations please.
Thank you x

I will check in a bit see which one we got recently, it is a basic sturdy one and works wonders on soups and for Slimming World hummous!

I've not used the jug blender since getting this!

Am sure there are cheaper ones about we just got one from the small family run electrical store in town as we like to support the small business's

Easy to clean too!

Checked and it is a Russell Hobbs model number 18035

Looks bit like this:

http://direct.asda.com/Russell-Hobbs-Hand-Blender-14452/001524633,default,pd.html

Do you have a recipe for the SW hummous? I tried making my own hummous and it tasted awful. I followed a recipe but it just wasn't right.

I have a basic hand held blender for making soup. It's a Braun multiquick but I've had it for years and it's still going strong. :)

Do you have a recipe for the SW hummous? I tried making my own hummous and it tasted awful. I followed a recipe but it just wasn't right.

I have a basic hand held blender for making soup. It's a Braun multiquick but I've had it for years and it's still going strong. :)

I use a tin of chick peas and 1 clove of garlic, juice of half a lemon, paprika to taste, then I use the hand blender and blitz it using a bit of the chick pea water from the tin. I start with a little water at a time as it can easily go to watery! Careful with the garlic too!

You can add a drizzle of toasted sesame oil but need to add syns for this and it gives it a different taste. I also sometimes use juice of half a lime to be different and thats realy nice!

Sounds yummy Alison.

Also with the hand blender I have visions of the soup going everywhere when I try to blend it lol.. I'm assuming this doesnt happen though hahaha x

Also with the hand blender I have visions of the soup going everywhere when I try to blend it lol.. I'm assuming this doesnt happen though hahaha x

It won't go everywhere as long as you have the blade part fully submerged in the liquid. If you press the button before you put it right under then you may get a faceful (can you tell that I've done this rolleyes:x )

It won't go everywhere as long as you have the blade part fully submerged in the liquid. If you press the button before you put it right under then you may get a faceful (can you tell that I've done this rolleyes:x )

Hahaha x

oh me too...lovely hot soup in your face owch!

mine cost about £3 from Tescos and its made lots and lots of w/w veg soup!

I would still use a jug blender no matter because I know full well that it would end up everywhere.

I've got a Philips one which is really good - dead easy to use/clean. No idea how much it was though as I got it from my brother for my birthday or Xmas.

I've got one with a mini food processor attachment. It's pretty decent but I can't remember the make of it :{

This is the newer one of mine
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001DH0EQE/ref=asc_df_B001DH0EQE1661587?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B001DH0EQE[/ame]

All the attachments are great :)

Just thought I'd update you all. I love my new fridge freezer and the hand blender is fab :)
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back