• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hand Held Vacuums For Fleece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
So, for my birthday on the 31st I have asked for a new hand held hoover as my little faithful one I bought cheaply from Argos is giving up on me. I don't have an endless butdget, but I've been looking at the reviews on WHICH and online and black and decker seem to be the best in my price range. I am currently lingering on the black and decker pivot vaccum, i've watched the video's, read the reviews etc and it looks good.

My question is, for those of you who hoover when spot cleaning with fleece, what do you use and reccomend?

Thankyou :)

We have a hand held dyson too. I don't really rate it that much to be he most. I don't think it does a great job of sooking up hay. Maybe that's just me though.

The Dyson is sadly out of my price range for now, but I also worry that it is too powerful and will get the fleece caught in it. I don't need one that sucks up hay as they have a separate food area but I need one that does a good job of pooper scooping! I like how the Black and Decker on pivots and different angles, that's useful :)

I've got a Dirt Devil Super Rascal. It doesn't suck up the fleece but I don't particularly recommend it because for me I find the suction isn't good enough. I've gone back to using a tiny dustpan and brush for the poops then use the Dirt Devil for getting up the worst of the "nugget dust".

My current one is literally a £15 one from argos, generic brand and at first it did an ok job, not the greatest but it got the job done. Now it's giving up suction wise even though the filters are emptied and cleaned regulary. It's only a low volt thing. The black and decker looks really good, it's got the best reviews on which :)

I had that crappy little argos one too. Barely lasted five minutes...literally!
So I went for this one: It is £39.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4061935.htm

I have found it very trusty, it doesn't pick up the hay, so you have to pull that out or it will clog. But is powerful with poop.

I admit I would invest in a dyson...we like our dyson hooves, just wait until I get my mum to buy a new dyson as the one we have has broken......I will be looking at the dyson animal!

My current one is literally a £15 one from argos, generic brand and at first it did an ok job, not the greatest but it got the job done. Now it's giving up suction wise even though the filters are emptied and cleaned regulary. It's only a low volt thing. The black and decker looks really good, it's got the best reviews on which :)
The reason mine broke was because the clicky thing that attaches the clear bit to the filter fell apart.

The flappy thing is ok, it just seems to have lost its suction!
Today I have purchased the black and decker pivot one, hopefully it will live up to the reviews! :)

They have some available from where I am!
Breath in...breath out...you're not going to get it Rachel...yes I am!
No, no...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back