• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Handheld Vacuum - Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggyOinkOink

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are there any handheld vacuums that are recommended by users for cleaning up poops on fleece?

I had seen this one: VonHaus 7.2V Rechargeable Portable Handheld Vacuum Cleaner with Dust Brush, Crevice Tool and Charging Station but someone has complained in the reviews that suction is very poor so am not sure if it will do the job.

I have read a little and seen that the best ones will have a high voltage (~16V+) and a run time of about 15m would be good also.

I saw one simiilar to this: BLACK+DECKER Lithium Flexi Vacuum, 18 V, Dark Titanium was voted the best in a roundup but it looks a bit too big perhaps and also, I'm not sure if it's a lighter socket only charge as I think some of them can be.

I do also like this one: BLACK+DECKER Pivot Dustbuster Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - 18 Volt and someone mentions in the reviews it's perfect for pet hair but my very good Sebo German hoover cost about £99 and £75 for a handheld is a bit steep in comparison!

I got the Vax Gator Pet in the end. It works fine but tbh I found that I am taking longer to clean up than just using my hoover's hose! The good thing is that I don't have the annoyance of the hose pulling me down all the time though I would be done in a minute but the Gator Pet takes 3 x longer as I have to suck the poops up (usually empty it once in between cleaning) then go over again with the rotary head. I'll see how it goes and if I'll keep the Gator Pet.

Unfortunately, the way I have the 3 C&C cages built on top of each other a dustpan/brush would be overly hard work/impossible. The hand vac lasts 2 days and runs out on the 3rd but I may start charging it when it has not run out as ATM I do it only when it does.

Incidentally, I was looking on Which? and I found this hand vac was the only one recommended in the top 5 hand vacs that was not a Dyson! I'm glad I got it for just under £40 when I did as now it's £60 on Amazon!

The Top 3 are:

Top 3 Which Hand Vacuums.png

My dad has a hoover intended for interior and exterior and also wet and dry…he brought it for the intention of him using to clean patio or front porch of leaves and rubbish…but since getting my fur babies I've found it works a treat in sucking up anything left after clearing hutch and sweeping….needless to say I've used it more then dad and i don't have to worry about it ruining the house hoover.
In addiiton to this…he has a hot air gun which also works a treat in getting the hutch dryer quicker when the weather is so up and down……dads tools aren't his own haha

I just use a cheap asda one. Does the job of picking up poop from the fleece. I haven't felt the need to replace it with an expensive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back