• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Handwashing Bedding in Shower: Bug infestation?

mintpotatocc

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Those who handwash guineapig bedding in the shower.... Have you ever had an ant infestation because of it?
First of all, I used to handwash it in a bucket outside. I poured the leftover laundry water into the mulch (my mistake) because we have no outdoor drain. we coincidentally had beetles/cockroaches near the house at the time.
I stopped and they disappeared.
Now, I wash it in the shower in a bucket. I still pour the water down the drain (recommended by other piggy owners).
Now I have ants coming from a crack in the wall right across my shower. I read that ants are attracted to scents in the drains.
Has this ever happened to anyone else? Please help; i’m not the biggest bug fan!

There’s two main reasons ants come into houses - food and moisture. Kitchens and bathrooms are the common places for those items. I don’t think it’ll be specifically because you’re doing the piggy washing in there - it’ll likely be the moisture in general.

We used to have an ant invastion every year in the kitchen at our old house they came in the same place every year. I used ant killer liquid to get rid of them.

Back