Happy Birthday To Sundae!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today Sundae turns five! I'm really amazed by how well she's done... she was first diagnoses with a bladder stone and recurrent UTIs shortly before her second birthday. She then had several dental procedures under sedation and then developed a huge abscess down into the deep muscle of her jaw and had that surgically lanced and drained and cleaned out. She has been such a good trooper through all of this and it's to her credit that even when she was sick and uncomfortable, she always fought to be able to eat and to keep herself going. She has never given up, so we have never given up on her. I can remember being so upset when she first started having issues that she probably would not live to a ripe old age... and here she is at 5, having lived out her natural life expectancy and still doing well! :) My vet is quite impressed with her at a recent checkup... he said she must have the heart of a lion in the body of a guinea pig. I'm not sure about that because she is scared of her own shadow, but she definitely has the stamina of a tank and is stoic in the face of adversity and just keeps on going... I'm proud of my birthday girl! :)

So happy 5th b-day Sundae... you've certainly earned it, and there will be a big salad cake with your name on it out for you tonight!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Wheeky wheekday to you!

Well done,Sundae!

Status
Not open for further replies.